How To Make Nigerian Catfish Pepper Soup – Agathas Cuisine
This is how to make the Nigerian fish pepper soup with catfish, however, you can use Tilapia fish too or any other fish that does not easily break in soups.
This meal is eating in Nigeria mostly on rainy days or when we have a cold because of its hotness in spices.
Here is how to make this delicacy:
- 1 medium-sized catfish – 1.2KG
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions.
- Scent leaves a handful.
- Utazi leaves very little.
- 1 seasoning cube.
- Lion pepper soup spices.
- Teaspoon – fish seasoning.
- 1/2 cup of ground crayfish.
- 1 teaspoon – Paprika powder
- Fresh pepper
- Salt to taste.
- Combine the crayfish and two scotch bonnet peppers, pound, or grind them together. together with a mortar and pestle. Also slice the Utazi leaves, onions, scent leaves, and set aside in bowls.
- As always, we start by washing the catfish. Pour almost boiled water over the cut fish and wash to remove the slimy outer skin.
- Transfer the washed catfish into the cooking pot. (it is better to use a small pot so the fish parts are very close to each other) This way, they will cook better.
- Add 3 cups of water 700ml, half teaspoon of salt, followed by 1 seasoning cubes, half teaspoon fish seasoning spice, ground crayfish, and pepper.
- Allow boiling for 7 minutes then add the paprika powder.
- Taste for salt and pepper, you can add more pepper if you like.
- Allow a minute
- Add the leaves, allow to simmer for 3 minutes and you are done with this catfish recipe for pepper soup.
Catfish Pepper Soup should always be served hot. It can be eaten alone with a chilled drink. I love to eat it with Agidi, Boiled White Rice, or Boiled Yam.