How To Make Nigerian Suya – Agathas Cuisine
Nigerian suya is very popular in Nigerian and West Africa as a street food snack. It is simply skewered meats covered with a spicy peanut blend spice mix and roasted to perfection. Beef or Chicken can be used for Nigerian Suya.
500g of Beef
1/2 Cup Suya Spice
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Seasoning Cube
- Soak the skewers for at least 20 minutes totally submerged in water before using it. This is to prevent burns.
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray or oil baking sheet or roasting pan to prevent the suya from sticking to the pan
- Pat the beef dry with a paper towel. You want to have a completely dry beef before cooking. Slice the beef into a diagonal medium-thin shape,
- Thread the beef onto the skewers about 4 per skewer. Making sure the skewer is fully covered with slices of meat
- Rub the beef skewer with suya spice mixture; on both sides. Line a roasting or baking sheet with foil paper.
- Place skewers on the cooking sheet, then place them on the roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and bake on for about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm..Enjoy!